Monday, March 12, 2007

Weekend activities

Friday night we were bored, bored, bored but none of the movie offerings appealed and we'd scoured Blockbuster 2-3 times over the previous 10 days so we headed to Walden Galleria to hit Borders and Best Buy. Both of 'em are a bit out of the way for us compared to their stores on Niagara Falls Boulevard (NFB) so that in itself was a bit different.

Nothing caught my fancy at Borders but I found a couple of 60s classic movies at Best Buy, the sort I like to watch over and over again, How the West Was Won and Kelly's Heroes. Naturally, I've yet to unwrap them!

Saturday morning we got up and went to Bally's for their Boot Camp cardio class. Lordy gumdrops! Trish -- the woman who teaches the class -- is majorly hardcore! We were in the back row with the other newbies and I didn't think I was gonna make it! Plus my back didn't unfreeze until Sunday evening!

That night we had dinner with our friend Jim at Red Pepper Cafe on Maple Road near NFB. Small place but obviously popular. The food was OK but I think I've gotten to the point where I really can't take Chinese / Vietnamese any more -- I'm still feeling after effects two days later!

Sunday I had planned to go back to Bally's for their Kwando class but that just wasn't happening! So I decided to roll with it and put off doing anything active 'til after supper, when we took a half hour walk around the neighborhood. The thaw is upon us (yay!) so we could actually get around without falling on our faces but Saki wasn't too thrilled, even so. "Did I say wanted to go for a walk?!"

A month from now we'll be in Los Angeles (just overnight for me!) and Palm Springs, woo hoo!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home