Friday, June 30, 2006

A new Gay Widows group

Well, of course, it's new, I just started it! The official link is:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/gaywidows/

Which is a bit clunky but I figure it will be findable easily enough eventually.

Eric Rofes' death and my subsequent ruminations on my own five years of widowhood have had the not unsurprising effect of attracting the attention of other folks who have recently lost their partners. Which prompted me, for the first time in a long time, to go looking around for what's out there. (More on that later...)

The main thing that struck me is that while WidowNet is still (extremely) active, there was still nothing out there specifically oriented to gay folks (and I mean "gay" in the GLBT sense of "everyone who isn't straight...") So I took the plunge.

My guess is that I'm biting off more than I can chew but as with these other endeavors I'm hoping it will spur me on. (Of course, it's probably the case that I'm really just trying to get out of balancing my checkbook or -- you guessed it! -- mulching...) If nothing else, we'll get the ball rolling and if need be pass it off to someone else out there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home