Monday, April 16, 2007

Weekend Update

Friday morning Naoyuki flew to Los Angeles to attend the AACR (American Association of Cancer Research) conference, where he presented a poster Sunday morning. I will be joining him there on Tuesday, then the next day we will head to Palm Springs to spend four nights at INNDulge, our favorite gay resort. (This morning when I left home it was raining and in the low 30s; by the time I made it to the Pembroke / Medina exit it was snowing and I walked into the building with snow in my left ear. I'm REALLY ready for California!)

I wish I could say I had a fabulously productive weekend but that's not the case. On the other hand:

(1) I had another good workout session with Bally Boy Josh.

(2) I got a much needed haircut.

(3) Saturday evening friend Jim and I had dinner at the Sahara Grill on Elmwood, followed by a brief visit to Borders, and then the Regal Cinema (Transit Center) to see 300, the completely over the top movie about the Spartans and the Persians at the battle of Thermopylae.

Sunday I cleaned the bathroom. Well, not ALL of Sunday (although it was pretty damned messy); most of Sunday I spent avoiding cleaning the bathroom (and instead reading the 2nd installment of Kim Stanley Robinsn's Mars trilogy.

No earthly idea what we'll be doing in Los Angeles and Palm Springs, although we have a dinner reservation for Thursday night at Copley's, I have a hankering to check out the Los Angeles Farmers Market, and we'll no doubt wind up hitting the Cabazon outlet malls before it's all over with.

Some time in the pool would be good!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home