Sunday, September 24, 2006

A New Job

I started my new job as a part-time reference / instruction librarian at Genesee Community College on Friday. I quite like it! My fellow staff members are friendly and supportive and the GCC students are, by and large, very appreciative of the help they receive. As usual, there are the ones who won't be satisfied and/or don't think the rules apply to themselves, but they are relatively few and far between (at least, thus far.) I think this job will be a good move for me, even given the dearth of hours (19 1/2 per week max), the low wages (the hourly rate is about what I made at Emory in 1989), and the long commute (40 miles one way.)

Two days a week with an occasional foray to one of the campus centers to teach a library use class is probably going to be just about right.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home